Friday, December 9, 2016

Baby Girl's 2nd Birthday Party

We have been home for 11 weeks now and it's been a little bit of a whirlwind.  It still feels surreal that we are not on the road anymore.  We stay connected to our fulltime friends and community through a facebook group and its a bit sad to see new families hitting the road that we will never meet and everyone else heading to new adventures(and warmer temperatures!).

But we are loving being close to our family and Indiana friends again.  There are things we really appreciate in our new stationary home too compared to our trailer and life on the road.  Bigger kitchen, 2 bathrooms, not having to worry if its windy out and our trailer will blow over if we are towing, things of that nature.

We just got to celebrate Baby Girl's 2nd birthday this past week.  My how she has grown in a year!  She is still tiny compared to most her age but what she lacks in size she makes up for in attitude and personality. Believe me.

Baby Girl loves Curious George so we went with that theme.  I use to do big elaborate parties but I found myself so stressed out that I didn't enjoy it and in turn the kids didn't enjoy it either(because mom was biting their heads off).  So I have scaled back quite a lot over the years, especially for a 2 year old.

*Thanks to Nana, Grandma, and Uncle L for letting me steal their pictures to use on here*

Baby Girl loved her new dolly

Little Miss can't help but strike a pose.

Baby Girl trying on her new dress and shoes from Nana and Papa

My mom told her to look up and she was very literal.

Sissy did the baking again this year and made Baby Girl a special dairy free cupcake to enjoy.

The new hat is owl the rage. hehe


We had banana splits but Baby Girl was happy with her dairy free option of a strawberry popsicle.

Princess got a kick out of the blowers

Doesn't Bubba look like Will Farrell in Elf in that little chair??

Aunt Jess got her her very own backpack

The light up necklace and bracelet from Uncle L was a definite hit.

Double Trouble


2 pretty ladies- Aunt Jess and Sissy

She was never going to win this one.  Bubba is too full of hot air.


I quick drew a George and cut out some bananas on poster board before the party for an easy party game of feed George the banana.

Baby Girl, Snuggle Bug and cousin Brayden

Snuggle Bug had his turn and there is my (almost)22 week pregnant belly.

There is Uncle L on the right




Grandma to the right in the back.  She will kill me for posting a picture of her but she doesn't give me any other options because she refuses to be photographed. 



Sissy did a fantastic job once again!  I just printed out the free cake toppers and Snuggle Bug glued them on to toothpicks for me.

We had a taco bar for everyone to enjoy.  Each dish was named after a character  on Curious George



Nana, A. Jess, and Uncle L

Papa is in the back 

Bubba, and now look at my face in the background lol


2 Monkeys






chowing down




It was a really nice evening and party. We are so blessed with a wonderful extended family. 

Many Blessings,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment