Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's Official

The sign is  in our yard. 

We have spent the last 3 weeks working on our house-All.Day.Long. 

We had our 1st open house yesterday and have a very interested family who is planning on talking with a bank about getting financing.  They are 1st time home buyers so it would work out great since they are currently renting.

But we also have 2 other families who I have been messaging with and they are equally as interested and have scheduled showing or this week.  So we'll see what happens.

We officially put the sign out July 1st.  We felt strongly that God wanted us to do it precisely then.  I have no idea why.  But we have learned to not ask questions just to obey.  ;)

During that 1st week of not a lot of interest in the house I had many doubts and panic moments.  We had really put ourselves out there with this RV thing.  What if our house didn't sell?  We would look like idiots.

We had also decided to step out in faith when we fixed up several things in the house that were not cheap.  Those bills would be coming due soon and how we would we pay for those?  We had planned on using the profit on the house.  

I have learned that those quiet moments are when satan loves to sneak those doubts in.  It is so hard to be still and wait.

But then I realized 2 things:

#1 These are exactly the moments God loves!  When we have put ourselves out there so far in the name of God that we will look like utter fools if he doesn't come through.  It is those opportunities that God can be lifted up and glorified because we are no longer relying on ourselves but clearly on him.  And everyone knows it.  

#2  So what if our house doesn't sell immediately?  Does that really change our plans?  NO.  We would just have to find temporary work for my husband while we wait so we can pay for our current home.  But we would still leave after we sold our home.

We have also been praying about our financial situations.  We have been doing fine so far.  We had  a little money in savings and some checks that were still coming in from my husbands previous job and a bit coming in weekly from unemployment. But those are running out.  Quickly.

My husband was till being considered for a police position till the end of June when he officially heard that they were pursuing another candidate, which we had heard rumors of anyhow.  But we were still waiting to hear for sure about that opening and that sufficed unemployment.

So now we were left trying to figure out what God wanted us to do.  Does God want  us to have total faith that our house will sell quickly and therefore not get a temporary job right now?  And what will that do for unemployment? Or should we try to find something, which is what our humanly nature is screaming at us?


And if the Hubby should get a job for now, what type of job?  We don't want to have him enter into anything that would leave his employers hanging when we picked up and left.

Then yesterday my Hubby and I both had the same thought cross our minds and it was that it was time to find something.  It was just clear as day suddenly to the both of us and we were both thinking of the same type of job.  

So that is where we are at- still trusting and praying and listening. 

Oh and our family and friends have gotten over the shock I think.  I wouldn't say they are embracing this change in events, but they are moving to the path of acceptance.  We can't ask for more than that.

Thank you for all the continued prayers!  Keep them coming!  

Many Blessings,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment