Sunday, April 13, 2014

Go Ape Treetop Experience with Sissy

Just wanted to post pics of when we took Sissy to Go Ape in March 
for her "Experience" she got for Christmas.  

Since it is outdoors we had to wait till it opened in March to go.  It was chilly but still fun.  I personally am glad I did it but wouldn't do it again.  It was physically and mentally challenging at times.  It a 'treetop adventure'.  You are harnessed at all times, but it's all up to you if you clip and unclip properly.  There is no one up there to help you.  Just staff on the ground keeping an eye on everyone.  In the beginning it's a it freaky but by the end we were old pros and clipping and unclipping ourselves between each obstacle and zipline.




It doesn't look that high until you're up there!!




The Hubby attempting this crazy rope loop thing.  He decided that he didn't want to chance doing the splits and took the easier course(that I am taking the picture from!)


Sissy and Hubby waiting to climb up. 



Sissy climbing up.

 I thought the ladders were one of the worst parts.  When you clip yourself to the safety rope to the side, it  adds 5lbs that your tugging along as you climb the vertical rope ladder.  
Upper arm strength is not my forte.  And it showed.


Sissy after the 2nd and longest zipline.  If you look at the tree behind her to the right, just where the tree starts to split off, you can see the platform where we stared off from. 




All of our carabiners on the belt, color coded to help remember which one hooks to what
( it really does help!)


If you look closely to your right, you can see someone walking across on the the 'obstacles'.

Another zipline. I don't know if that was the Hubby or Sissy coming across.


Sissy

It was lucky that we went when we did in March because you are not suppose to do this if your are pregnant.  Technically I was a few days pregnant.  Oops.



Here is me attempting to cross the rope thing.  There were a few obstacles when I did think,"I can't do this."  Some of them were huge trust exercises that your pulley and clips would really hold you. I did get a good 'rug burn' on my knee on one of the obstacles( the scab just came off).  And I had bruises on my upper arms from having to support my weight on coated wires as I went across.  
I do have sensitive skin though and bruise easily.

Sissy had a blast and it was definitely a neat experience you don't do every day.  We did wish it was warmer( it was in the low 40's) and it would be beautiful when the leaves are out.  But again, glad we didn't wait for that because I wouldn't have been able to do it!  That would be have been a bummer.  Especially because we had to pay and book in advance!

Many Blessings,
The Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment