Thursday, March 7, 2013

For the Ones Forgotten

The above words are lyrics in a song that I love by Brandon Heath.  It goes,"Give me your eyes for just one second, give me your eyes so I can see, everything that i keep missing, give me your love for humanity.  Give my your arms for the broken hearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach, give me your heart for the ones forgotten, give me your eyes so i can see..."

I often get so discouraged by how much need there is in the world of adoption and how little I can do.  It's that feeling of helplessness that turns into hopelessness.  I just want to adopt them all, but I know I can't.  I know the truth is that only a small percentage of the 132 + million children around the world will find their forever family.  Special needs children will end up in institutions when they age out.  

In countries like Bulgaria and the Ukraine, special needs children will be moved to a mental institution between the tender ages of 4 and 8.  I hear that the conditions of these institutions are deplorable. You can not even wrap your mind around it.  Typically the children are no longer on lists to be adopted after they are institutionalized though you can specifically request a child at an institution if you know of them.  That is my understanding.  But how many people know a specific child in an institution half way around the world?  Not many.  Most of the kids will die with in a short time in there.

Here is a mind blowing blog about the plight of some of these children that everyone NEEDS  to read as a fellow human being: 


These are truly the ones forgotten.  I pray this might help open all of our eyes and give us a greater love for all of humanity. 

I praise God for our system here in the US, though not perfect, but a million times better than other countries.  I also praise God that our Princess came from a wonderful, caring orphanage.  

Many Blessings,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment