Friday, October 25, 2013

BYE BYE FACEBOOK

I just deactivated my Facebook account.  I am not going to lie, my heart is racing and I am a little freaked out.  I am totally thinking, "How am I going to communicate with everyone?!"

Facebook has many positive benefits but I spent WAAAAAY too much time on there.  And I try to regulate it but I always get sucked in somehow and  what was meant to be a quick couple minutes checking statuses  ends up  turning into a couple hours.

 I also started thinking," There is something wrong when I spend more time finding out what other people are doing in their lives then living mine."  

Oh my gosh, I already just thought as I was sitting here typing this how I had to share this blog post on Facebook!  This is going to take some getting used to...

I can't say that I will never be back on FB, but am planning on taking a lengthy sabbatical at least.

Good news for you is that that means more blog posts!! Because, you know, I have to give my opinions and share what I ate at lunch with SOMEBODY out there on the world wide web.

And I know that I am going to think of no fewer than a dozen witty status updates as I go about my day.

I made this radical decision a couple weeks ago actually( to pull the plug on facebook) but have been dragging my feet.  I announced it in the middle of our living room to The Hubby. I knew if I didn't speak it out loud than it wasn't likely I would really do it.

No sooner had the words come out of my mouth than Sissy was giving me a big hug.

"What's that for?"  I asked

"Because you won't be on the computer all the time now and you will spend more time with us."


*insert dagger into my heart*


So I knew I had to hold true to my vow.

Now I might actually have to pick up the phone or go visit someone to talk to them.  Crazy I know.

SO here goes my first facebook free night!  Yay!  I think...

Many Blessings,
The Mama  



No comments:

Post a Comment