Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cauliflower Soup

Trying a new recipe tonight!  With the cold weather starting soups sound so yummy but I don't have many recipes.  My family is not big on veggies but we all like cauliflower since it's pretty mild so I felt this soup was a safe bet.  I mean, it has cheese in it so how can you go wrong?  Here is the recipe:



Cauliflower Soup Recipe photo by Taste of Home

I am also making some homemade breadsticks with it ( we love our bread and carbs).  Here is a bread recipe I have found to works well as a base. It is nice and chewy. You can use your bread starter to make bread, rolls or bread sticks. 


Bread Starter

1/2 cup water

1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons butter (softened)
3 cups flour, preferably bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar 
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons yeast





  You can change it up by throwing in some added ingredients. We love putting in minced garlic and topping it with shredded cheddar. 


Garlic Cheddar Breadsticks

Add to the bread starter-
1 ½ t minced garlic
2 T parmesan cheese
¼ c sharp shredded cheddar
*When dough is done, make breadsticks, glaze with garlic and top with more shredded cheddar cheese.  Bake for about 10 minutes in oven at 400 degrees.




I will let everyone know how the soup turns out and the true test-what the kids thinks of it.  


Many Blessings,
The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment