Thursday, July 5, 2012

Easy Microwave Corn on the Cob (No Shucking!)

There are tons of youtube videos on this.  I thought it was just so you didn't have to shuck the corn(remove the husks) and deal with all those pesky silks('hairs'),  but low and behold, it cooks the ears to perfection too!!  Cha-ching!  Here is how to do it:

1st pretend my microwave is clean.  2ndly, put 2 ears of corn in microwave, husks on.  A couple I had to take off an inch or so of the stalk so it would fit into the microwave and not get stuck when rotating.


3rd- microwave for 8 minutes


4th- BE SURE TO PUT OVEN MITTS ON WHEN REMOVING CORN FROM MICROWAVE
Then take a very big, sharp knife and hack off the end with the stalk like the picture above shows.

5th- Hold the corn by the top and kind of shake it.  The ear should just fall out and leave all the silks inside!!
My silks always stayed inside but sometimes the husks seemed tight around the ear and I had to peel them back instead of shaking.  But that was super easy too.

And here are the finished results:
PERFECT CORN!!

We had 6 ears to do so I just had to repeat this process 3 times.  And while I threw in the other ears to cook, I dehusked the ones that were done and cleaned up my area and by that time the next ears of corn were just about done.  So it all timed out pretty well.

I also wrapped each ear of corn in foil  after they were done in order to keep them hot while the other food for our dinner finished cooking.   It kept them piping hot!

ENJOY!
*MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT PUTTING IN MORE THAN @ EARS OF CORN AT A TIME*


No comments:

Post a Comment